Translate

Saturday, September 13, 2014

12.9.2014 Veronika Šrek Bromová

Veronika Šrek Bromová

5th of September - 26th of October 2014

Galerie Václava Špály

Národní 30, Praha 1

Curator: Ivan Šrek

Admission: 40 Kč full (20 Kč reduced for students), students of art schools and seniors-free admission

Open: daily 11 a.m. - 19 p.m.


"In the past six years, from spring 2009 until 2014, my life and work has been significantly transformed by leaving the city and moving to the country, to a former agricultural dwelling which my husband gave name Chaos. He was inspired by book of Timothy Leary named Chaos and Cyberculture. Chaos is located 4 kms from Polička village in eastern part of Czech Republic, 180 kms from Prague and 70 kms from Brno. He are his reasons of abandoning Prague: In the nineties, Prague - city in which the main changes have transpired as part of Czechoslovak Republic - has transformed into normal european metropolis with a lot of fun and never-ending night life. Magical Prague has disappeared. Ashiness of empty night streets without its inhabitants, but only policemen, have been alternated by colours, noises and flow of people and taxi cabs. It stopped being fun and became a money machine.
...This exhibition reflects upon aspects of my life as means of achieving harmony with nature and its qualities. In following my husband I am sharing my opinions on today's era. I have been aspiring to come to this point in life all the time. I am used to live in chaos since ever. What really impacted my way of thinking even my approach to work with technology in early childhood was my time of adolescence spent within my creative parents' workshop for production of collage. But at the same time, my common time spent in nature with friends."



Masters of Chaos (2009/2014), C-print

Two sides of Woofers of the chaos (2009-2014)




Elfs from Chaos (2009-2014), C-print


Spiders from Chaos, 2009-2014 , chinese ink and water on paper.















Expensive eyes (2009-2014), C-print

The material world (2009-2014), C-print.


Saint Pussybabe, the goddess of Chaos (2009-2014), C-print.


without name (2009/2014)


Sunset (2009-2014), C-print


Silencio (2009/2014), C-print


















No comments:

Post a Comment