Translate

Friday, May 1, 2015

Galerie Nová Síň: Milan Knížák

Milan Knížák

Stories



22.4.2014 - 17.5.2015

Nová Síň Gallery

Voršilská 139/3, Prague 1

Opening hours: Tue-Sun 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Admission: 20 Kč full, 10 Kč reduced

From the current flooding of sophisticated, mostly site-specific installations pretending interconnectedness with global issues and abstract paintings and objects, where it is difficult to read some content, a desire to paint simple images with a simple story has spontaneously revealed itself.

But I cannot paint a common story with its simple beauty, and so I use words, passwords, ciphers, symbols in my paintings and above all I am not closing myself into themes which speaks only of human society.

A large part of my work consists of unidentified creatures (sometimes not even resembling creatures), moreover representing the impossible life forms. Human pride scares me which is a precursor of ruthlessness and loss of communication and therefore my paintings are all about relationships. Some of them I called Abstract comics, which is a contradiction in terms, but it seemed appropriate. Finally, I returned to the "stories" of which I can present only a part in this small gallery.






Flowers, 2013.


It's me, 2010.


Why did you stop?, 2009.


Comics II, 2014.


Soul, 2012.


AHAE - Finished 31.8.2014


AHAE - Finished 31.8.2014















No comments:

Post a Comment